“All but five of the 263 centenarians we interviewed belonged to some faith-based community. Denomination doesn’t seem to matter. Research shows that attending faith-based services four times per month will add 4-14 years of life expectancy.” - Bluezones.com
Moai means "meeting for a common purpose" and kaizen is the approach to continuous, incremental improvement.
Church groups, charities, civil organizations, even gym memberships all give a sense of purpose and place for the members to belong.
The habit that we focus on today will be on belonging. It seems that most of all animal kind, to aquatic all the way to humans, group themselves together. They keep each other alive:
- Share common goals
- Hold each other accountable
- Everyone has purpose
Belonging to a group of friends addresses the areas of unblocking yourself:
- Mental - Having someone to talk to and live life and keep your mind healthy
- Physical - Having a people to help you be accountable to yourself, eat better, and stay physically healthy
- Spiritual - Share in your walk with God and help with your vision for your life
- Financial - Help with ideas to sustain yourself and have a future for generations
- Social - Having friends to enjoy life with helps you to survive the toughest of times